Thursday, April 14, 2011

Challenge Day: 1

Day 1: Introduce, recent picture of yourself, 15 interesting facts


Seeing that I am going to be putting up 15 interesting facts I don't real feel the need to introduce myself.  If you're reading this, chances are you pretty much know who I am.  So onto the 15 facts.


Fact #1:  I have to sleep with my bedroom door closed.  I know having 3 kids might change some things, wanting to hear them if they cry, having it be easier for them to find me if they wake up in the middle of the night; but no.  It doesn't matter if I am falling asleep alone, for a nap, or for the night.  I have to have my bedroom door closed.  


Fact #2:  The hardest part about being pregnant for me is not being able to sleep on my stomach.  For as long as I can remember I have always fallen asleep on my stomach.  And if I don't I have a hard time staying asleep.  I lay on my stomach until its absolutely not possible anymore during a pregnancy.  Oh, and after I have my babies, the first night in the hospital I go right back to sleeping on my stomach. 


Fact #3:  I love kids!  I have always wanted a big family, and I am making a pretty good start.  I love the way kids minds think. How simple and joyful their lives are. There is nothing that makes me happier than seeing a child playing and learning. 


Fact #4: I enjoy running.  I haven't always.  Actually there was a time in my life I quite hated it.  But after having kids, and gaining a little weight.  I find that it is the fastest way to drop those pounds, and it makes me so much happier. I love the energy it gives me, and how helpful it is when I need to clear my mind. 


Fact #5: I can't put my face into the water coming down from the shower head.  I hate water on my face. The only time I can have it on my face is when I am washing it. Lets just say I was traumatized when I was younger, and now I avoid water whenever I can.


Fact #6:  Strawberry ice cream with real strawberries in it, is my favorite.  


Fact #7: I want to get my Masters in counseling. Balancing school and a family can be difficult, but 
i love helping others. I eventually want to be either a marriage and family counselor, or a child and youth counselor.


Fact #8: I was married when I turned 18. And I would never change that.  I found the man of my dreams, and have spent the best 5 years of my life with him. 


Fact #9: I love to bake and cook. I may not be the best chef. When I am down rather than eating, I start working to make something in the kitchen. (That will most likely be sent with Josh to work. :)  ) 


Fact #10: My house is the cleanest when I am the most upset. When I get mad or frustrated I start to clean. Not the pick up toys do laundry kinda clean, but the wash the toilets clean the floorboards kinda clean. 


Fact #11: I have a fetish with rearranging furniture. Even growing up I didn't like my room to be the same for very long. No room is safe, and there' no guarantee that it will be the same from one visit to the next.


Fact #12: I sleep with my feet hanging off the bottom of the bed. I know I realize I put a lot up about my sleeping habits.  Maybe that's just because I am sleep deprived and its on my mind a lot. :) But really, I do sleep with my feet hanging off the edge of the bed. Its a crazy little comfort thing. 


Fact #13: I love music.  I love to play it, sing it, dance to it, listen to it.  Unless the kids are sleeping (and sometimes even then) there is music on in my house.  I love how there is something that matches my mood, and its something that can calm my mind, and help me unwind and relax. 


Fact #14: I love to travel.  Having 3 kids makes traveling a little more adventurous, but there's nothing like hoping into the car and driving for hours. I also love plane rides.  I hope one day to travel to Europe with Josh. 


Fact #15: I stand with my legs crossed.  Josh calls it the "Emily pose". I know its probably 
not the best for my posture, but it is pretty comfortable. 



0 comments: