Thursday, May 14, 2009

Finals and the ER

So this week has been really busy! On Tuesday morning at around 4:30 am Josh took me to the ER. I had been sick the night before and my pain just kept on getting worse. So we went into the ER. They had to try 3 times to get an IV in me and draw my blood, after they final got the final IV in.

Josh walked over to a chair in the corner and passed out. He had what looked like a seizure, but both the ER doctor and the doctor at our regular office said that they think that it was just a Vasovagal symptom.

Well after Josh was taken in another room they ran some blood work on me and had me get an x-ray. After morphine and another narcotic I was finally feeling better so they gave me discharge papers and sent me home with some anti nausea medicine and Vicodin. I went and sat in the room with Josh until he was discharged as well. He had a CT scan and everything came back clean. So Mom had to come pick us up since Josh had a possible seizure and I was on narcotics.

Well at about 4pm that night the pain, even on Vicodin, was worse than labor pains. So my mom drove us back to the hospital. They ran more blood work and gave me more IV fluids and narcotics to help with the pain. They wanted to do a CT scan to see if it was my apppendix. But I could not keep the drinks that they gave me down, so they had to force it into my body. (No fun) The CT came back showing inflamation in my intestions, but luckily no appendicitis.

They discharged me so Josh and I went back home. The next day we went to our regular doctors office where they ran some tests on both of us, and we should find out, hopefully on Monday, what the results are.

Today, Josh had an EEG done. He feels like everything went fine, so I'm not worried.

Side note for myself*During all of this I have learned a coupe things. One that I am very blessed to have such a wonderful husband, and second that people can find a reason to overreact about everything. And normally that would bother me, but this time I think I am dealing with it rather well. People will always want something done their way, or its not right, but in our lives we are doing what is best for us, physically and emotionally.

0 comments: